Posted April 18, 2018.
Orthodontic treatment can make a huge difference for both the health and appearance of your smile. However, some people, particularly adults, are hesitant about receiving orthodontic treatment because of the time involved. If you are concerned about the time required for orthodontics, Dr. Andolino may recommend speed straightening with the Propel® Excellerator™ or VPro5™.
Accelerated Orthodontics Technology
Both the Propel Excellerator and VPro5 can drastically speed up orthodontic treatment, whether you are straightening with braces or clear aligner therapy.
The Propel Excellerator is a handheld device used by our orthodontist for just a few minutes during your regularly scheduled orthodontic appointments to speed up treatment. Excellerator drivers are used to create manual osteoperforations to accomplish this. Treatment with the Excellerator is simple. First, the treatment area is evaluated and rinsed with chlorhexidine. Anesthetic is used to numb the area and micro-osteoperforations are made. These micro-osteoperforations stimulate faster bone remodeling and faster tooth movement.
The VPro5 has a mouthpiece that is custom fitted to your teeth. The device is placed and the mouth and held between the teeth during use. This device applies micropulses, or vibrations, that go through the roots of the teeth to affect the surrounding bone. Thus, VPro5 stimulates bone remodeling. Cellular activity is increased because of the vibration, and the speed of the movement of your teeth is sped up as a result. VPro5 is used for just five minutes a day.
Advantages of Accelerated Orthodontics
There are many advantages that come from utilizing accelerated orthodontics like the Propel Excellerator and VPro5. The advantages of the Excellerator include:
– Excellerator treatment only takes a few minutes during your regularly scheduled orthodontic appointments.
– Only a few Excellerator treatments are needed to speed up your orthodontic treatment.
– The Propel Excellerator can speed up treatment by up to 62 percent.
– Micro-ostoperforations can be placed with pinpoint accuracy to the areas that need it most. The Excellerator can unlock difficult, time-consuming movements.
– Patients experience little to no discomfort during micro-ostoperforation placement and can return to their normal activities immediately after.
– Patients who undergo accelerated orthodontics with Propel Excellerator may make far fewer orthodontic appointments, which saves both time and money.
The benefits of the VPro5 include:
– The VPro5 is easy to use.
– The VPro5 is proven to speed up orthodontic treatment by 30 to 40 percent.
– The micropulses of the VPro5 reduce discomfort during orthodontic treatment, particularly when a patient changes aligner sets or has their braces adjusted.
– Patients who use the VPro5 will require far fewer orthodontic appointments, which saves both money and time.
– The VPro5 can decrease the risk of oral health issues by reducing your chances of cavities, gum inflammation and white spots during orthodontic treatment.
– The VPro5 is a painless, nonsurgical alternative to shortening the duration of orthodontic treatment.
Eligibility for Propel or AcceleDent
When you visit Andolino Orthodontics PC, ask our orthodontist if the Propel Excellerator or VPro5 is right for you. An evaluation will be performed to see if you are a good candidate. Photographs, X-rays and impressions may be taken of your teeth to help determine your eligibility. If you are a candidate, Dr. Andolino will be able to help you decide which method of accelerated orthodontics is best for your smile.
We invite you to contact our office at (212) 753 - 5575 today to learn more about accelerated orthodontics in New York, New York, and how it can help your smile. Schedule an appointment with us today!